Himalayan Forest Honey
Himalayan Forest Honey is smooth, fragrant, perfectly sweet, and irresistibly delicious while being a natural energy source. This golden nectar, rich in taste and aromas, is sustainably collected from the Himalayan forests, where flowering trees and plants grow in abundance (and are never sprayed with chemicals). Our Himalayan Honey is naturally complete with healthful minerals and nutrients and perfect for adding sweetness to your life. Have a spoonful with your favorite tea, toast, and desserts.
Our love for honey was seeded when we stumbled across an indigenous tribe on one of our travels in Uttarakhand Himalayas. The more we learned about honey, honeybees, and beekeepers, the more it grew. The benefits of honey are plenty and a chief contributing factor for our love of forest honey!
Wild Honey comes from the nectar of wildflowers and hence the name. The taste and composition are said to change with the seasons. What doesn’t change is the endless list of benefits.
1. When we consume honey as a sweetener, we might not realize we are consuming minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants as well. Honey is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B2, B3, B5, and B6, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. All of which are vital for the body. Honey has anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties as well. In simpler terms, the consumption of honey promotes digestive health, fights indigestion, strengthens the immune system, and protects the body from conditions like heart disease and cancer.
2. Wild honey helps in curing cough and acts as a soothing agent for sore throats. It is scientifically proven that honey helps those suffering from an upper respiratory infection.
3. During allergy season, a few teaspoons of raw honey a couple of times a day prevents allergy symptoms and helps in treating allergies.
4. Wild honey has antibacterial properties, and hence it acts as a good healing agent. It treats wounds from abrasions, surgery, bedsores, infections, and ulcers. It helps to cure sunburns as well. The best part is it does so with little to no scarring. Wild honey is an antiseptic, too and prevents the growth of harmful microorganisms.
5. Wild honey is really good for your skin. From treating acne to preventing premature ageing, honey is very beneficial. We’ll get down to the nitty-gritty details in our next blog post. Honey and Spice give you the purest Wild Honey fresh from the honeycomb. We don’t pasteurize, heat or process the honey. As a result, in the honey all its beneficial antioxidants, vitamins, nutrients, and enzymes.
Net Wt.: 400 gms